Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Yu-Gi-Oh! The complete series [Finale]

Aaaaaaaand we're back to the hair
I know that most people are probably going to disagree with me here & say that this series is awesome & way cooler than GX.  I don't care what you think I still hate this series because it changed the card game as much as it did.  GX didn't do that, it gave us awesome new cards without having to change the rules this drastically.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, 5d's introduces a brand new form of summoning.  The name of it, Synchro-summoning.  What's a synchro summon?  Well, first I have to introduce a new type of card.  Tuner-monsters are the name & you need at least one tuner & one other card in order to use synchro & this allows you to summon a monster who's level is equal to the sum of the tuner & every monster you tribute along side it.

Why do I hate synchro?  Well, let me ask every duelest out there that keeps up with the franchise, do you use fusion monsters?  Do you honestly use them?  Probably not.

Synchro monsters are incredibly broken & completely made practically every fusion monster obsolete.  It's gotten so bad that if you are like me & don't like synchro monsters, your not going to win pretty much every duel you have.

So, what about the series?  I don't like it.  First off, the main thing, CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!!!  It's is THE most idiotic idea I've ever heard of and one of the main focuses of the game.  To put it in terms that gamers would understand, this is the gunblade of the series.

Distracting card game while balancing on a motorcycle
 I honestly can't see this going wrong
"Hey, you know what's awesome?  Motorcycles! You know what else is awesome?  Card games!!!"
"Hey, let's play card games while riding motorcycles around a track!!!"
"YOUR A GENIUS!"

I'm from the south & I hate Nascar, so to me this is just as boring.

The plot also centers around our spiky-haired protagonist, Yusei.  What makes Yusei different from Yugi & Jaden?  He's a jock.  A JOCK!!!! WHY?   Why would a jock be playing this?  To ride a motorcycle while focusing on winning the card game?

So after SEVERAL episodes in season one, I just stopped watching this franchise altogether.

I know what your saying, how can you hate what you can't see?  I already knew that the franchise was dead after this & I even gave the next season about three episodes to redeem itself to me.

OH, THE HAIR!!! WHY?
From what I could tell we have a new-new summon in XYZ summoning.  You pick the cards up, stack one on top of the other, and place the monster you summon on top of that in any position.

The monster's effect is used by removing one of the cards you stacked.

Okay, this is better than synchro, but not much.

But how's the series?  Just as stupid.  So a boy sees an invisible alien who is on earth because it's trying to get some cards because they give it power . . . ARE YOU JOKING?

THAT'S IDIOT ON SCALES WAAAAAAAY ABOVE THE PREVIOUS SERIES!!

I know, the god cards & their carbon-copies in the later series were the same, but still that wasn't shear quantity.

The fact that you can't play this game on even grounds without either cheating or using synchro/xyz cards anymore is just an insult to everyone that was following the game back then.  Just thinking that my childhood hobby lead up to THIS makes me want to burn every card I've ever collected and throw the ashes in whoever thought this was a good idea!!!

I've even come up with a way to nerf down the synchro/xyz summoning to make the game fairer.

Synchro: You have to use your normal summon this turn as the synchro summon
XYZ: You have to wait until the turn after you XYZ summon to use the effect

There.  You can use fusions again & still be a legit threat

But if your thinking I'm being unfair to it because it changed the game style, I'm not.  There is something else that changed the game style without making me hate it.  Gemini monsters

What are they?  They're effect monsters that count as normal monsters when you first summon them & while they're in the graveyard.  After summoning them you can use up your normal summon to let them use their effects.  THAT'S GENIUS!!!

The only problem with them is that they aren't ANYWHERE near powerful enough to compete with the other monsters, so unless they do nerf down the xyz/synchro cards these are just going to go into the corners and die.

Well, that's my opinion on Yu-Gi-Oh!  It's not the common one, but it's the one I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment